A serving suggestion from a Frönen fan.
It’s never too cold for ice cream. Eat it as is (right out of the carton if necessary) or if you have more patience, try this recipe from Chicago food blogger Kaila Hardy of @kailascleanplate on Instagram, who tagged Frönen in her post.
Learn how Frönen alumni founders Jessy Gartenstein, AB’17, and Erik Nadeau, AB’18, went from snack to start-up in “Frönen by the Numbers.”
Serves 12. Or one. (No judgment!)
Frönen chocolate nondairy dessert
Nut (or seed) butter
Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line a standard-sized muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Put a spoonful of thoroughly mixed nut or seed butter in the bottom of each cupcake wrapper.
- Top with dairy-free chocolate chips and plant-based sprinkles.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Meanwhile, take Frönen chocolate out of the freezer and let soften for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and spread Frönen on top of the nut or seed butter, chocolate chips, and sprinkles in each cup.
- Top with more plant-based sprinkles and return to the freezer for three hours.